The Sagiri rods on the website are all 2-way rods. The column on the Sagira page that is between the harris column and the % carbon column shows the 2 lengths. The Sagiri 39 can be fished at 340 or 390cm. The Sagiri is indeed similar to but heavier than the Rinfu.

I think you are misinterpreting what Eddie said about hae/fly. I think he was just explaining why the fish was incorrectly called fly in English, but I truly don't think he meant that they SHOULD be called flies. In English - via Google - it comes out as fly but that doesn't make it right. It is because Google doesn't use the right translation in this context. As you well know, Google translation of Japanese to English is horrible. I certainly would not hold up Google's translation as a reason the fish should be called flies or that hae rods should be called fly rods.

I call the Rinfu and Sagiri seiryu rods because Nissin and Gamakatsu refer to their rods intended for hae fishing as seiryu rods. Daiwa uses a catch-all category, but that category gets caught up with the hae/fly mistranslation which I had wanted to avoid because it always leads to substantial confusion.

I certainly agree with the DT conclusion that there are misconceptions, but I firmly believe that the root of the misconceptions is that the western world has largely relied on one person's interpretation of what one master has said - with the strong undertone that it was gospel. The more we hear reports from other people who have gone to Japan and talked to other tenkara anglers - masters and just plain fishermen, the more we (and DT) realize that the neat little boxes we and they drew around tenkara were much, much too limiting. And even with respect to the strong admonition that one must be well grounded in the basics, I suspect that (and the basics they refer to) is still largely filtered through one particular Japanese angler. I think it is still an attempt to draw neat little boxes which in time will be shown to be too limiting. There are certainly other very accomplished anglers - some called master, some not - from and about whom we have heard next to nothing. Whether the information comes from the US or the UK it still mostly comes from Dr. Ishigaki. And it still carries an undertone of this is the right way to approach tenkara. I don't think it's wrong, I just think it is incomplete and is creating a new set of misconceptions.