Thread: Great Fun at the Michigan Fish-In!

Threaded View

Ed - To be honest I've never been much a photographer while on these trips. The only picture I did take was of a Hex I found on the wall of the diner where I had breakfast several mornings. I know Jack took a few pics and maybe some of the others got a few and can share them. I always mean to snap some photo's but just never seem to be able to stop fishing long enough to pull a camera out. Sorry.

Jack - Yes, thanks again for the invitation. I'm taking my son on an off shore trip in three weeks while we're on our beach vacation. It's kind of his going away present from me before he leaves for the Navy in early September. I'll be in touch and we'll work out a plan. Thanks again for your generosity and hospitality. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed fishing with you, Brad and the rest of the FAOL gang!

As for the rest of ya'll, stop thinking about coming and come. There's lots of choices regarding accommodations and more water than can be fished by several dozen people. I never felt crowded at anytime on any stretch of river and in fact rarely saw other fisherman during the day that weren't other FAOL folks. If you're interested in night fishing, there are plenty of options and opportunities for that. Well stocked and knowledgeable fly shops and guides are to be found in abundance. The FAOL folks are also very knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. I understand conditions vary year to year but by my standard this was a very, very good year. I'm looking forward to making this an annual trip!
    Last edited by alra195; 07-04-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    Joe Bertolini