Well I finally finished clearing out the truck from the Michigan Fish-In. What a GREAT time! I had the pleasure of meeting a bunch of folks from the board. As a "new guy" on this trip all I can say is I was welcomed as a "old friend" by everyone who attended.

Jack and Brad were particularly helpful in introducing me to a variety of waters on the main stem of the Au Sable, the North Branch, and the South Branch. They not only put me on the water but put me on fish! Thanks Brad for the tip on size 18 BWO emergers! I had several 25 fish days and fished an olive Klinkhamer almost exclusively. I had to retire several that had all the dubbing worn off! Gotta hate when that happens . Jack helped out with a great furled leader and least I forget Dave provided a "gift bag" of fly fishing stuff for all who attended.

I had a great time hanging out at Gates Lodge when we weren't fishing, truly enjoyed the cook out Monday and the dinner at Spikes Keg-o-nails! Brad introduced us to the "Bread Fish", a sizable trout who hides in a brush pile by the lodge and eats big chunks of bread!

I also spent a solo day on the Manistee where I caught my biggest fish of the trip, a beautiful 17" brown on the ever popular olive Klinkhamer. Thanks Jack for sending me over to "Yellow Trees".

If you've been reluctant to attend a Fish-In because you thought you wouldn't fit in please put that out of your mind. Collectively all the FAOL members I met where great folks with a passion for fishing and a willingness to share their experience and knowledge with a newbee just like I was an old friend. I'd encourage everyone to consider attending the Michigan Fish-in in 2015. I know I'll be back!!

I had a great time folks! Thanks for all the FUN!