+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chenille

Default Chenille

I have 240 plus packs of Wapsi and misc. standard size and micro chenille in a rainbow of colors. Bought out a shop going out of business. $125 for the lot.

Ark River going out? Hope not...
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

sorry sir, most of the regulars on this web site think one should join for the information, comradeship and sharing of the beauties of fly fishing and the selling of material should only be incidental. To advertise items for sale on the first post is sometimes considered tacky' Don't mean to be critical, that's just how we see it.
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

I consider myself to be a regular and I don't see it that way at all. Tacky? Good grief!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy80701 View Post
    sorry sir, most of the regulars on this web site think one should join for the information, comradeship and sharing of the beauties of fly fishing and the selling of material should only be incidental. To advertise items for sale on the first post is sometimes considered tacky' Don't mean to be critical, that's just how we see it.

zaxaca,

The post I do not understand and feel is "tacky" is yours. Paddy80701 stated he did not mean to be critical, but, your post was meant to be critical. I have been a member here more years than I care to remember and have been "burnt" 3 times with new member posting "for sale" items on their first post. I sent the money and received nothing in return, so, I have to agree with Paddy80701. That is just my opinion and nothing more.

If you know this new member from Kansas and wish to purchase items from him, than by all means, do it. If you get "burnt" do not come here and complain.

This new member could be good as gold, but, a "for sale" item on the first post just does not "sit" well here.

No hard feelings, just my thoughts. You can purchase from this person if you wish, but, I have lost enough money by purchasing from new members on their first post.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren,

I think we're talking about 2 different things. I was referring to an offense being taken because a newcomer broke some unwritten rule of this forum and then calling them out publicly for it. My very first post (and I've probably been around here about as long as you have, Warren) was to sell a few things and I stuck around as a result. If someone had found it necessary to put me in my place because of it, I probably would not have.

The point you seem to be making is that first time posters wanting to sell something may be out to take our money. That might be true, but caveat emptor, Warren. Whether or not I buy from him or her, I'll choose to give a newcomer the benefit of the doubt. I've bought and sold many, many things on this board without incident. And, if I do have a bad experience, I assure you I will not "come here and complain" as you lecture. I regret that it took you 3 times to conclude it may not be good practice to buy from a first time poster, but you have some responsibility for that.

Sorry but personally I wouldn't buy anything from someone who had just registered as a member and immediately placed an item up for sale. Now let's say I was interested in the item and contacted the seller. Say we agreed that he/she would ship the item to me and, if I accepted the item, then I'd send payment. Maybe then we could strike a deal. Oh, and I've been a member here for close to 13 years. Bought some. Sold some.

Allan(tyeflies)

Some sites require a minimum number of posts before being eligible to sell items on the site.

+ Reply to Thread