+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pictures from Henry's Fork

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Pictures from Henry's Fork

These are some Western Green Drakes. They almost blanketed the upper Henry's Fork tonight.

Blog Entries

Big Sky Country.
    The Madison River at Three Dollar Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Big Sky Country.
    The Madison River at Three Dollar Bridge.

Not too many cars in the parking lot for that time of day. I guess you had a lot of open spots.

Every time I see the "new" $3 bridge, I wish they had repaired the old wooden bridge.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Blog Entries

Yes,
    And the old landowner who sat in a lawn chair by his truck collecting the $3.....

We were on the lower section of the a Ranch today and I took this photo.

Love the Henry's Fork too, beautiful scene.
    Last edited by Gene; 07-01-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Sorta typical of the Browns on the Madison.

Glad to see you made it back for another year. Hope that you have great fishing and enjoying the cool temperatures and beautiful scenery.

love the madison

Blog Entries

Waiting for the caddis to be on the Madison at West a Fork. Should be any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    Waiting for the caddis to be on the Madison at West a Fork. Should be any day now.
    Just read Craig Matthews Facebook posting this am that he had exceptional fishing to caddis on Madison last evening:

Sunday evening, June 29th, 9:30p.m. I just got off the river. Arrived at 8 p.m. It was too good.....yes, that good! The first pool I checked had a couple nice trout rising to emerging caddis. I tied on fresh 4x tippet, (I fish 4x in the evenings to avoid breaking big fish off and having to re-tie in failing light.) I knotted on a #14 Amber Iris Caddis. The first cast resulted in a fat 14" brown, the next a 15" brown and a couple presentations later a great 16" rainbow. My tippet was frayed after a brief fight with a wild rose bush so I decided to tie on some fresh tippet. Doing so my old friends and NFL coaches Jeff and Brandon Fisher floated by and we exchanged greetings and discussed how good the fishing was this evening. They promised to drop by the shop tomorrow and continued on. While talking with them I took note of a few good rising fish just upstream of my position. For the next half hour the fish rose to my Iris imitations and it really did get too easy! My last trout was a fine rainbow of 17". This fish was shaped more like a southern largemouth bass. It jumped 7 times before I was able to land it. Even though there were still rising trout I reeled in and called it a evening. It does not get any better than this and will remain strong for the next few weeks during evening caddis emergences. Too, salmon flies and mayflies like pale morning duns, bwo's and pink ladies are just beginning to hatch. I hope you will join me soon on the river! ~ Craig
    Last edited by John Rhoades; 06-30-2014 at 02:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread