Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
I stuck a hook in my arm and went into the clinic to get a tetnes shot. (should have done it the first of the season). when Itold the nurse what pond the hook was in justbefore it stuck me she gotall excited and told me about the staph infection her husband got fishing there and went into great detail of his treatment. the line about water and peroxide reminded me of this. keep your tetnus shot up to date, takesoap and water and clean all wounds especially puncture wounds.
Several years ago, I was fishing from a jon boat and turned the jon boat around to fish the other side of the inlet and when I went to roll cast my line out in front of me, I sunk the fly in the side of my face...WAY past the barb! It didn't hurt at the time, I tried to push the hook through and that didn't work. The bummer of it all, was the bluegill were bedding and I had to go to the doctors office. He cut the hook out and said I missed a major nerve by a fraction of an inch! Whew! And yeah, keep that tetanus up to date! I got a tetanus shot, antibiotic shots, stitches, the whole nine yards. AND WEAR GLASSES! SAVE YOUR EYES! I wasn't at the time and possibly could have landed this hook in my eye.