Thanks all, for the kind words. It was a good trip on a lot of levels.

Steve
A quick look in the rod closet shows Scott, T&T, TFO, Sage, Powell, St. Croix, Abel, and a number of others... Few go fishing as much as that elderly HMG... And I can like a very fast rod for a lot of conditions. I think it reduces stress immediately because it takes nothing to make it perform. With a Ridge WF line from AirFlo it will cast farther than most ever dream of casting.

Denny
Thinking the icing guides would have been more than you would have enjoyed dealing with! I know my enjoyment level was dropping with the temp! I did not bring even a jacket because I believed that lying weatherman. One interesting difference from your trip is the fact we actually saw moose all over the place, coming and going, even right on the river. They turned that whole area into a predator pit about 15 years ago. A few years back they turned it around and suddenly there are moose there again. There have been many years when we did not see a single moose in that area in a week.

I did not catch a grayling as big as yours this trip, but I did catch a bunch that would have exceeded 18"... probably a dozen.
art