Hello Everyone,
First, I have to admit that I am not the kind/type that posts too much useful information on this board that could be considered a real contribution to the site/true as in true subject matter, but here goes anyway. I hope that what you will read below impacts you in some way that will carry with you much longer than most things that you read on these postings on this board.
A few years ago my son went into the Marine Corps, there were several on this site who sent him care packages when he was deployed and for that, I am forever grateful. I did not folllow up with many posts or replies as this was a very stressful time in my life while he was deployed. He was deployed once for a month and then for 6 months. Now I know by some of the members on here that, this was a cakewalk compared to what some others have done, but to me, this was most stressful things and life changing events, than anyone, other than the military guys, could ever come to understand or comprehend. In anticipation of a phone call, I did not/hardly slept at all the entire time that he was gone and I could not share this with anyone at my work, friends etc. as it really was too hard for me to talk about, REALLY, Honestly, I did not have restful sleep the entire time! Believe me when I tell you that a ring of your phone, takes on a whole new meaning...........9:00 at night telemarketers ........hmmm well they got more than an earful, and yes, I did drop the F b omb and insult them.
The reality of my son not coming home was just incomprehensible and ! Now don't want to over emphasize that my son was in direct combat or anything like that, as he was a generator service technician, but we were unfortunate as he did get electrocuted while he was there and was hurt really, really bad. You can only imagine how helpless this feels as a dad that is TOTALLY helpless and cannot get to him to even just hold his hand during this ordeal........again.....I DID NOT SLEEP!!! Over the next several weeks he healed up and went back to normal duty as, as he said, Dad, this is what I am supposed to do.................. I am a Marine, really, these are the exact words that he said to me. At home this was so hard because you just could not bring yourself to talk about it as it took focus away from your job and everything else in your life, and you really did not want to have these discussions at work or even extended family, as this was just SO DEEP, that, realistically, how many people that you work with, or live with, could really understand what you are going through, so you are better off keeping it to yourself an not telling anyone so that you can, hopefully, adapt, overcome and endure and to keep it as quiet as you can. For me, this as something that I just could not, would not talk about at work as it would mess me up that much.
Well tonight, I watched the movie the Lone Survivor, I really don' think that I could watch this movie a second time.
As I had mentioned above, my contribution to this site for this post is to PUSH you to watch this movie, it will change your life! This is the ONLY movie that I had ever watched, that I watched all of the bonus features that were included and let me tell you, this will get you worked up and give you a whole level of appreciation for life, our country and for those that have served to defend it!
For those of us who are not military, we live our lives from day to day with some stresses and events that, at the time, we may feel that we cannot take any more, or that life is just too much today............well..........
No matter how bad of a day you are having EVER, just remember this movie, the SEALS and their families and all other military that have gone over to defend our country and to help others defend theirs, THEY ARE NOT COMING HOME,! Those SEALS, Soldiers and Marines, put themselves through absolute HELL to build themselves up, to be the MEANEST, TOUGHEST, HARDCORE basturds on this planet, for ALL OF US! The ones that gave the ultimate sacrifice, their families are going through a lifelong change of absolute gut wrenching pain of memories of their loved ones that are no longer here to to share the life experiences of the family because they died defending our country.
Watch this movie guys, no matter how bad of a day you are having, it will all be pale in comparison to those that are represented in this movie. Quality of life is important for all of us and those that defend our nation are our guardians and we are eternally grateful for what they do.
So, please take this as my my intention to add some "perspective" to your lives and to make some contribution.
To me, this is the best movie ever made!
Watch the added features on the DVD copies, you will not be disappointed.

Regards,