Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Sanders View Post
I'm going to have to test the knot myself.

While it looks easy to tie, and it certainly saves tippet, I'm not going to trust it until it's been tested a bit.

A good knot should consistently break at or higher than the rated test of the line. Ease of tying and tippet savings are a nice bonus, but not enough to change from proven knots without testing.

Tying fifty of them in a row with the tippet sizes you normally use and breaking them on a scale will tell you how strong a knot is and whether or not you are tying it consistently. If it's neither strong, nor consistent, I won't use it.

Hopefully these knots will stand up to the test. I'll do it this weekend and post the results here.

Buddy
Buddy.

By all means do so.And let us know what you determine. I have read other knot tests and take no notice as l know the value of that knot, which l figured out more than 50 years ago
I will tell you that for a average guide season l will see my customers catch in the region of 8 to 10,000 fish here on the White river and over the years that amounts to in the region of 200,000 fish, not to mention the many 1000s to my rod in my lifetime.

When you post your test results please also state how you did the test if you will.

Thanks.

Davy Wotton. A.I.S.F.F.