+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: To keep or not to keep

1. Always follow the fishing regulations.

2. Be respectful of others.

3. Treat the resource with respect

I follow those rules. I keep a fish or two when backpacking and bonk the heck out of pacific salmon and dollies in Alaska. But generally I don't kill fish because I just enjoy catching them again.

I don't think it's right to tell another person they can't keep a fish as long as the regulations allow it.

Well, fried SPAM streamside is also a great meal and no trout must die.
    Where is the "throwing up" emoticon!!!!

I don't think I could ever compare fried spam to fresh trout!

------------------
    "If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

keep what you can eat... or will eat... as long as its legal...

------------------
    Colt45
    NY-Long Island

I teach the fishing and fly fishing merit badge for boy scouts. One of the requirements is that we must prepare the meal from our catch. Some of the scouts I teach have only seen food under plastic in the store. We usually fish in my farm pond blue gills, bass, and pike which I have paid for and stocked. It is a profound lesson to take something vibrant and alive and 5 minutes later it's in a frying pan. My only rules are if you kill it you eat it. I've never had any leftovers.

I keep a few trout each year.

In my area,howver, browns are not frequent catches - big browns are rare. If I catch any, I release them (unless hooked in such a way that gills are damaged and bleeding.

My parents just love trout, and my dad is getting too old to go out with any regularity. I love taking over a few small brookies and cooking up a fine breakfast (or maybe it's the time with mom and dad I enjoy).

Fish responsibly...and keep a few.

I used to keep a few from time to time but due to the vest getting heavier something had to give so the creel went into the closet
    a few years back...

Brookid
    thirdyearflyfisher.com

+ Reply to Thread