Byron,

It is interesting how 2 people can have different thoughts about any subject. I do not have the "insect knowledge" either one of you have and probably never will due to not wanting to devote that much time to studing them. All I have are "thoughts" and you did ask for any thoughts so here is a thought I had. I have been a bystander listening to two people having a heavy discussion on a subject to the point of one of them becoming upset because the other person did not agree with them and I have seen this happen here on FAOL and at fly fishing club meetings. I do not feel either one of you will reach this point because you both have knowledge on this subject. My thought is could there be a difference between what the insects do on a pond or lake due to the depth of the water and no movement as compared to the same insects in a river with moving current? After all, there are flies that are tied for pond/lake fish that will not work as well on river fish and vise versa. Just a thought and if you feel I am full of crapola, be kind to me when you tell me so!