Thread: Wading Boots - Required?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    nope. not true. (Boa's got a tool to undo the "dial" then you can rinse it out if you're paranoid)
    I'm not paranoid, but here is my friends experience with Korkers he bought last year...

Bought a pair new at the beginning of the season and while I did fish a lot this year (pretty much every weekend from the beginning of early season, plus a few full weeks, and 2 weeks in Alaska) the boots were retired before my steelhead trip last weekend. From the get go I found the boots to be troublesome (in the least) when fishing silty spring creeks. It isn't much fun worrying about whether the soles stayed attached when trucking through muck... and they did fall off quite a few times. As mentioned earlier, the BOA lacing system doesn't really allow for a tight fit and it clogs pretty easily with sand/grit. The final straw for me was when the knob on the back which the soles attach to, ripped off. I used the rubber and rubber studded soles and pretty much destroyed both. Many studs and chunks of rubber are now missing. As a whole I couldn't have been more displeased with the boots. They were the most expensive boots I've purchased and they're the only pair that didn't make it through a full season. I'm sending them back with hopes that their warranty is worth a darn.

I've heard similar stories from other people as well.
    Last edited by joekrz; 06-13-2014 at 11:59 AM.