Avoid my misfortune, please!

First guided trip. Ever. Before the first cast was even thrown, guide stringing up my rod snapped the top 4th piece.

Specifically asked if the rod should be broken down for transport, was told no need. As we reached the float point, I noticed the tip of my rod was bent along his windshield, not thinking much of it at the moment. Only realizing now that that was probably the cause for the tip breaking. Guide drove and roads were rough, rod tip taking all the bumps while bent along the windshield. Definitely could've been avoided and I'm partly to blame for over trusting a "professional." Kind of a PSA to myself as well: always listen and do what's best for your own gear regardless of what others say.

Needless to say, sucks. Missed my biggest fish of all time, having to use an unfamiliar rod with mismatched line weight. Kinda soured my 1st time out on a floated guide trip.

The guide obviously felt bad but there was nothing he could do at this point as we were already on our way down the river. He had a spare 6wt rod mismatched to my floating 5wt line.
I paid the full price plus a 20% tip. I'm not going to short someone on their living. But it sure was a costly lesson for me.

Guide offered to send my rod back to the factory to which I agreed. Lo' and behold today, I find out the guide sent my rod in the aluminum tube, without taping it, boxing it, or securing it in any fashion. Tube arrives with cap missing, and tube completely empty. Rod is gone.

What do I do now?