I know everyone's been wondering what the Guide's name is. At this point, if you PM me, I'll tell you because I don't think the Guide's offer was ever real. Details to follow.

As I had posted before, the Guide offered 2 guided trips and 2 nights lodging next season as reparations since he couldn't afford to replace my rod. I heeded everyone's advice and contacted the lodge owner. Originally it was my intention to resolve the matter with the guide and only contact the lodge owner as a last resort. Well, it's come to that point. And maybe it should've happened earlier.

I spoke with the lodge owner and we had a great chat, syncing up our details as we've never spoken to each other up to this point, only receiving status updates from the Guide. Turns out, the Guide never confirmed or received authorization from the lodge owner to give me 2 free nights. Which makes me think he wasn't planning to guide at the lodge next season.

The Lodge and Guide's relationship is: Lodge has clients and finds independent guides such as the Guide I had. Lodge owner has agreed to garnish a percentage of the Guide's future bookings with the lodge, repaying me the amount owed (hopefully this comes through without any further hassle).

In the meantime, Thomas and Thomas has extended me the "Professional Program Discount" to repurchase a rod at a greatly reduced price which I will definitely take them up on... right now!