+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JackHise and KaboomI

Default JackHise and KaboomI

Imaging this! A TORNADO went through Silver City last Tuesday! The damage to the huge trees is absolutely take-your-breath-away! Locals said they could see the tornado as far away as Box Elder! Not something you'd be looking for up there! Have not yet heard an EF rating for it, but I'd guess, from the damage, it'd be mid range to higher.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Hard to believe Betty. Of all the places I have fished, that is the last place I would expect that to happen. Maybe Big Dan can keep us informed to the damage and strength of the twister.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Wow!! I wonder how the camp ground made out? Maybe Dan can also give us some idea of what to expect should anyone want to try to fish the area this year.

Blog Entries

Whoa! Yay, Byron!! Thank you. It was interesting to say the least! And, Whispering Pines came through unscathed! The water there was high, fast, and brown ... not totally chocolate pudding but not easy fishing. We didn't stick around to try but for a few bends in the river. Opted to go to Deadwood for eats. Ha! I'm becoming a total wuss!

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Rumor has it that twister deposited some TROUT(S) in the Black Hills Streams...

Regards,
    Ed, a Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
    Rumor has it that twister deposited some TROUT(S) in the Black Hills Streams...

Regards,
    Ed, a Troublemaker

Nope Ed, all that's there are Spotted Dace.....

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

We've been fighting the weather since last Oct 4 when we had 3 ft+ snow. Why stop now, but we're all just about tired of it

Yes! The trees! The birch, aspen, willow ... all laying bent down! Had wondered why they all looked like that, and was told it was from the massive snow storm last October. Snow ... 5 1/2 FEET ... all came at once, and stayed! The trees were all fully leaved out, so they all bent way over, and stayed that way till the spring melt. They look of another world right now.

Oh, Ed? The ONLY fish I caught in the Grace Coolidge walk in area was ... a DACE! I thought about you and laughed!!

Don't worry Ed maybe one day some bluegill will get deposited in those Black Hill streams!

Seriously though I hope everyone came out of the storms ok.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread