Brandon -

A number of years ago, I tied a variation of the PTN, initially for use on the Missouri River, that I, and several friends, called the "Misery".

It was tied on a curved shank Tiemco 200 or 200R hook, with a long splayed tail of natural dun barbules, pheasant tail body reinforced with fine copper wire, a pearl crystal flash wing case, tied off at the eye, but leaving about 1/8" or so of the front ends of crystal flash extending upward in an emerger style. The thread color was burnt orange.

The fly caused Misery for a number of fish, but brought us fishermen nothing but joy and satisfaction in the process of catching them

Personally, I don't care a bit what any fly is called, and I suspect that many, if not most, flies had already been "invented" by earlier generations of fly tyers long before some younger tyer came along and named it as though he had invented it. All that I really care about is how a fly is tied, and if it catches fish. A name is only a point of reference, in my opinion, to give us some indication of its description, and not the final word in how it can, must, or shall be tied.