+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On-Stream Snacks

Default On-Stream Snacks

Was cleaning out my chest pack today and found the remnants of my snacks from my last trip - power bar wrappers and an unfinished ziploc bag of smoked almonds. got me to thinking what others might take to nibble on to give me some new ideas. Variety is the spice of life they say!

Got the idea for peanut-butter and pickle sandwiches here on FAOL a few years ago and later moved on to the power bars but now I'm ready for something new.

I like power bars too, but my favorite is home made jerky!! Usually beef, but I also make it from other meat that friends give me. Another of my favorites is granola.

------------------
    dw

'Don't know, what you don't know.'

I like to toss an apple and an orange, a package of townhouse or waverly wafer crackers w/ a tub of port wine kaukana cheese and a couple of beers in my fag bag.

mgj

Slim Jims & Jerky!!
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

trail mix, jerkey, mt dew and I am ready to rock.......alto slammin salmon I may add poptarts and peanut butter sami with a molson and I am good ta go

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

How about those float tube snacks?
    There's nothing like firing back a few handfuls of Skittles followed by a big ole swig off a warm Jolt Cola ~ after that, I'm good for another lap or two around the lake.

Best, Dave

Apparently no "konnasewers" here. When I go out, I go for all day. Seeds and weeds just won't cut it. My favorite(est) "snack" is a thinned out breaded pork tenderloin sammich on good Polish rye and a dill pickle. These things are indestructible ( if cooked well) and go down GREAT with a warm Fosters.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

I usually take a tin of smoked oysters, kippered snacks, or sardines along with some crackers--wheat thins normally. I need the protein and like the flavor--about the only fish I keep.

I also will take jerky, trailmix--heavy with nuts and fruit--light on chocolate.

And of course a couple bottles of water.
    Mike

A big hunk of fresh rye bread from a bakery and some cheese...a little red wine for good measure too. Homemade jerky is always good too!

I like a Balance Bar in the morning and maybe a piece of string cheese. For lunch a handful of peanuts and some smoked turkey breast dipped in Gray Poupon. In the afternoon, whatever I put in the flask and some pita chips. Depends.

+ Reply to Thread