+ Reply to Thread

Thread: agate strippers

Default agate strippers

just gotta love those agate stripper guides. JC...you were right, it is Snake Brand that makes REC's agate strippers

[This message has been edited by dleo6446 (edited 05 February 2006).]

Very nice.
    Is that nylon thread?...with a color preserver?
    Love that color.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

[url=http://www.mcfarlandrods.com/SpruceCreekGallery/pages/SpruceSGuide_JPG.htm:e0c6f]http://www.mcfarlandrods.com/SpruceCreekGallery/pages/SpruceSGuide_JPG.htm[/url:e0c6f]

check it out!

------------------
    "Give me ambiguity or give me something else"

Dudley, Thank you. That is silk and the color is Belding Corticelli 9375 with a color preserver. It is about as close as one can get to the original Rices green used on Grangers. I like that color too....

Gardenfish, that is one beautiful agate on that rod, love that amber color. beatiful transition from the wraps to the rod too.

If you think agates look great inside a stripping guide, just think how nice a agate reel seat cap would look on the fly rod!

I built a fly rod with a French Style reel seat (two rings to hold the reel to the reel seat). I commissioned a Lapidarian (Stonecutter) to create a reel seat cap, using Lake Superior Agate (red-brown hue with bands of milky white veins. I had to let him have the reel seat for matching the stone to reel seat cavity. But I now have a lovely reel seat on a lovely 3 weight fly rod.

I would not recommend a French Style Reel Seat for any fly rod over 5 weight.

~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread