Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
Hap,
Do you remember those great adventure stories in Outdoor Life back in the '60s and '70s? I have a feeling you could reprise the genre. If Outdoor Life isn't interested, I bet Fur, Fish, and Game would be.

Regards,
Ed
Ed
Thanks for the kind comments... The old "Me and Joe" stories were good and likely had somethign to do with my early interests and volume in reading. My father wrote for a number of magazines, including the old "Alaska Sportsman" before they dropped the "Sportsman" and was included in a number of their anthologies. He also wrote for a lot of the gun magazines from the '60s up through the '90s.

I have also been published more than a few times in a number of outdoor magazines, including F,F,&G. Magazines are a hard way to go these days as the digital world is eating at subscription numbers and the entire way folks read has gotten spongey. Folks want to read snippets and sidebars, short "articles" with at least one "extreme" in every paragraph. I am not too old to hunt big bears, but too old to use extreme often...
thanks again!
art