The trouble with loons is they sometimes follow the boat or camp 20 feet away while you are ancored . Once loons show up the fishing goes for a dive . We had a loon chase almost every fish we brought in . You had to haul like mad to keep the loon from getting the fish .It would follow to within 2 or 3 feet of the boat trying to get a free meal . Standing up yelling at it did no good . I would have just let it have the darned fish but was afraid it might swallow the hook . Loons have no table manners they just swallow fish whole . Then My Buddy gets this absolutley brilliant idea . Heck we just give it a fish . Good plan We give it a fish and wish it bon voyage , yup smart plan , now the Loon won't even leave us to bother other boats we are his new pals . Not only that but next weekwnd we show up , he leaves some other poor angler to fly over to his best buddies . You cant throw things at loons $10,000 fine for molesting the wildlife . You cant insult them so they leave in a huff , cause loons don't care . I tried using the airhorn , but the loon just shrugged , it did however tick off some of the people camping at the quiet mountain lake . Anybody got a solution ? Anybody had a similar problem with loons ?

------------------
Time is the fire that we burn in .