+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buff on the fly

Hybrid View

Default Buff on the fly

This was a week ago now, but I wanted to share here. One cancelled apt lead to a couple of hours free and the fly rod was in hand and headed toward the river.

4 commons for the day plus one buff. The 7 wt did just fine, but was thinking that I wished I was throwing my 8 weight for a while there.

Get out there!

P5080072.jpg

That's a stout fish! They should be spawning really soon. Buffalo are difficult to entice to take a fly...WELL DONE, CLAY!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

It was good to see the picture of a nice fish instead of some guy fishing nekkid. (Naked means you have no clothes on; Nekkid means you have not clothes on and you are up to something.)

Is that the normal color? It looks almost like an albino.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

First, Dave nice to bump into you. We use to chat about brownlining on this forum but I haven't been very active lately. Hope all is well with you.

Uncle Jesse, that's the normal color of the fish locally. Some get a little darker across the back. That ghostly look is very common for these fish.

I forget how big of a picture that I can up load here. This is a shot from a few years back. This big girl went 26 pounds, 14 oz with the weight of the net the scale was set to zero. Still, the biggest fish that I have landed with a fly rod. This latest buff was smaller, but still fun.4-18-09 015-2.jpg

+ Reply to Thread