Thread: kershaw knives

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to find a mailbox at O'Hare and I practically live there. I have done the mail thing in a couple of airports. Seems to be more doable in places like Colorado or Montana with signficant hunting and fishing tourism.
    I agree completely. Had I been in an airport in Chicago, New York, LA, etc. I doubt I would have gotten my knife back. AT that particular spot in the Salt Lake airport, there was a mailbox right at the security check-in. The thing that impressed me the most was that, once the security supervisor took my knife out of the little dish, I never touched it again. I had already gone through the metal detector, etc. so she couldn't give it back to me in case I decided to "make a break for it". I handed her the stamped, addressed envelope. She put my knife in it and dropped it in her mailbox. She wouldn't have had to do that for me just 'cuz I was an idiot and forgot to pack my knife and then was absent-minded enough to actually put it in the little dish.

The TSA (or at least that particular employee of the TSA) made brownie points with me that day!
    Last edited by Royce; 05-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.