I can only remember breaking one rod (butt) of a Lamiglas 3wt when a spare battery in the 6.5 diesel had issues starting and we had this spare along. Going down some rough trails the battery tipped over and landed on my 3 wt. Wasn't the manufacturers fault so my buddy ended up with a spare tip for his lami and I bought a new Lamiglas blank.

Maybe I missed it perusing the responses but what is the consensus of the common folks when/expecting warranty coverage on blanks?

The most expensive blank I personally have/own (Dan Craft FT and a Gatti G4) but should I expect warranty on these?

My son, bless his little heart, because of his field of work, gets up to 50% off fly fishing products from some manufacturers. 15 years ago or so he bought a Winston WT (one of the nicest casting rods I've tossed) and still fishes it today. I've tried talking him into 'upgrading' to a Boron III blank as it would cost around $150 but he's satisfied with his WT.

He did send the rod back because of a wrap and guide that became loose and it cost him nothing but shipping.

But should we expect coverage on blanks?