Warren,

I don't disagree.

I do Catch and Release on all fish, wild or stocked, but that is my personal choice. I have no qualms about people taking stocked fish from a lake or any body of water where stockers are released as they will always be replenished every year or several times a year. On rivers or lakes where there is no stocking program and the only fish are wild fish, then I really stress C&R. It doesn't take long to wipe out a body of water. Over fishing can have a really kill a good fishery. There are exceptions. Brookies tend to deliberately over populate as that is how they make sure they continue to exist. But, too many fish and they get very stunted and need to be thinned out. Crappie and Bluegills can tend to do the same thing and need to be thinned.

But back to your point, that after a while the stocked fish become the same as wild fish. Yep, once they have gotten off the brown pill diet and reverted to their natural food sources, they will turn into wilds. They may not have the same genetics as the 'true wilds' but they are very close and the law of the jungle takes over and only the strong or smart survive.

You sprinkling any cheese powder over your popcorn?

Larry ---sagefisher---