+ Reply to Thread

Thread: finished my first rod - what you think?

Default finished my first rod - what you think?

Hey
    I uploaded some pictures on [url=http://www.gloomis.as.ro/index.html:3af32]www.gloomis.as.ro/index.html[/url:3af32]
    I Didn't know how to upload them directly here.
    Please tell me what you think about my first rod
    Thanks

------------------
    God Grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
    I most humbly pray, When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,That in His mercy I be judged, As big enough to keep.

muscarul;
    Looks beter than my first for sure! Nice job. What is your next build? You are addicted now, just like the rest of us! Welcome to RBA, Rod Building Addicts.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

thanks
    Well, my next one I think will be an IMX, perhaps a 7 or 8 wt for pike.
    but I am not shure yet.
    I like this blanks, IMX, lovely action

Very nice build there Muscarul. Like your style and your work....keep it up

thank you

The bad parts in this rod are the handle ( I didn't know that you need a different handle for an uplocking reel seat than you would need for a downlocking one), cause it didn;t match my reel seat - but I took it as a kit from H&H and I guess is their fault . But I like it the way it looks.
    And I managed to get some epoxy from place to place on the blank, but I just find out how to clean it, and therefore this is not a problem anymore.

Anyway, thanks for your comments. I can't wait for the next paycheck, I'll get my next blank

------------------
    God Grant that I may live to fish until my dying day, And when it comes to my last cast
    I most humbly pray, When in the Lord's safe landing net I'm peacefully asleep,That in His mercy I be judged, As big enough to keep.

Nothing wrong with the handle. You have the option on uplocking seats to recess the front hood or not. Yours isn't recessed. Not wrong, just a different option.

Nice job muscarul! I made some comments about finishing technique in this other thread [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum4/HTML/001281.html:7a82a]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum4/HTML/001281.html[/url:7a82a] . I will give you the same advice. Keep up the good work!

Looks lie you've built a rod to be proud of. Nice work.

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

I like your efforts using home made wrappers and all. Goes to show it's the man not the machine. The wraps/epoxy looks nice! Way to go! Are you ready for number 2,3..8?
    The irony here is I've been refinishing bamboo rods for a couple of years but have not gotten the nerves to build graphite rods in fear of messing with epoxy/wraps.

------------------
    God Blesses!
    A wing & a Prayer! ----*<(((><~ ~ ~ ~
    Quinn

[This message has been edited by Wednesday Caster (edited 16 February 2006).]
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

wednesday caster

it is easyer than it looks...
    You just have to be careful to read the instructions printed on the epoxy bottles and... you should be fine. Besides this, I read the FAOL tutorial for rod building (helped me alot) and Kirkman's book.
    The rest is in your hand
    Anyway, I will definetly build more rods. I didn't believed at first that I will becoma addicted but... heck... I am a rodbuilding Junkie. Can't wait for the next rod

------------------

+ Reply to Thread