+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Color of sunglasses

Hybrid View

Cool Color of sunglasses

I don't want to hijack a thread. But what color shades do you think work the best? Or in what lighting conditions do you like what color?

Thanks in advance,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

When fishing 99.9% of the time I wear amber lense sun glasses. I think they cut the clare much better than green.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

For fishing I've read that amber color is the best, especially if you fish on shaded streams. (I wear sunglasses all the time when I'm fishing to protect my eyes.)

Randy

Blog Entries

My prescription sunglasses are all greenish in color, I think some companies call it gray. I wear these while driving during bright days.

For fishing I use the Cocoons, either over my regular glasses or just on their own. I have three colors. The green or gray, the amber and the yellow. I find that I wear the green about 95% of the time. When it starts to darken up I switch to the yellow to bring in more light. I hardly every use the amber, I guess they just don't feel right for me.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I've tried both green and amber and find that I see better with the amber colored lenses. Better definition and easier to see fish.

Jim Smith

I prefer copper or brownish amber lens for most fishing in sunny or bright light situations. I also use yellow in extreme low light situations as these give better definition to the surroundings, but they don't work well in brighter light. I don't use green or gray.

Quote Originally Posted by RS2 View Post
    I prefer copper or brownish amber lens for most fishing in sunny or bright light situations. I also use yellow in extreme low light situations as these give better definition to the surroundings, but they don't work well in brighter light. I don't use green or gray.
    Me too. Exactly.

I wear Amber Cocoons over my prescription glasses for most of my fishing and for driving on cloudy hazy days. For driving in bright sun, I wear Gray Cocoons. The photo-chromatic Cocoons are great because they adjust to light intensity.

Usually Amber. In extreme low light conditions, yellow works best.

My regular "seeing" glasses have the transition lens and they work O.K. for the general out and about comings and goings. For real dire cases of bright sun glare I still have a couple of those medical (real dark) shades that I received for the after cataract surgery - and I mean those buggers will cut down on the sun's rays - I guess you'd describe them as midnight blue in color. Really like the amber color for overcast and early morning/late afternoons, they can enhance the surroundings! But the old grays for all around sun shades seems to do best for me.

+ Reply to Thread