+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mothers Day???

Hybrid View

Default Mothers Day???

I just orders a new 3wt fly rod. I am thinking of giving it to my wife for mothers day. Do you think she will think something is up if I use it more than her???

WayneC

Naw, she wouldn't appreciate it. Give her something she can really use, like a new vacuum cleaner.

I take it you are attempting to be humorous or haven't been married very long.

While attending a Marriage Seminar dealing with communication, Tom and His wife Grace listened to the instructor, "It is essential that husbands and wives know each other's likes and dislikes."

He addressed the man, "Can you name your wife's favorite flower?"

Tom leaned over, touched his wife's arm gently and whispered, "It's Pillsbury, isn't it?

The rest of the story gets rather ugly, so I'll stop right here.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

A few years ago my wife told me she was not my mother. That took the pressure off for me getting her a "mother's day" gift.

Yes I am trying to be humorous. My wife of 23 year said I sometime do not do a good job of it, and she has also told me she is "not my mother'. It all will OK because I still get the new rod...LOL. Knowing her she will tell me it's an early Father's day gift...LOL.

I did give a local guy I know that BPS had deal on a pink 4 wt. Ross last year. But I met his wife when I met him on the river, she sits in the front seat in their Gheenoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Naw, she wouldn't appreciate it. Give her something she can really use, like a new vacuum cleaner.
    <snip>
    Uncle Jesse, a new vacuum cleaner isn't REALLY bad. For that, you need to give her a new, galvanized pail and a scrub brush...

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
    Uncle Jesse, a new vacuum cleaner isn't REALLY bad. For that, you need to give her a new, galvanized pail and a scrub brush... Ed
    Ed, I think I have seniority on you here my friend, in 47 years 3 months and a couple of weeks of marriage, I have learned gifts for the wife should not have an electrical cord unless there is a specific request. I gave up on buying her clothes years ago, the numbers on women's clothes mean nothing. Flowers and chocolate are usually a safe bet, but not guaranteed depending upon the individual's allergies, but if she had your child or raised you, you should know those thing.

Well guys I hate to kill this party, but time is running out on this rod gift for Mothers day. If it's not a good gift I can all ways get her a new fly vest or fishing HAT!!!!

WayneC

Wayne,

Stick with your orginal "Mother's Day" gift for your wife, but, do be warned that you may be very disappointed with her gift to you on "Father's Day"!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread