+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fish'n shades, whats your thoughts.

Hybrid View

20 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. and lots of cool water fishing.

Well now, I don't know about the rest, but the cheapo's that have distortion also give me a headache. In fact, any eye protection that has the least amount of distortion would give me a headache after about 20 minutes. Before I wore glasses I would spend days looking for a pair of SG that did not have distortion.

Now that I wear glasses full time, bi-focals so I can see to read , I went to the wear overs. Have 2 pair, one for fishing and semi-bright in brown and the other for full sun in black. Pick them up in Walgreen's for about $25 and can wear them all day fishing, playing golf, driving, whatever.

If you wear glasses, check out the wear overs.
    Gordon
    Live every day as if it were your last.

Since I also wear glasses, I use fit overs for fishing, but I have polarized trifocals for driving or walking around outside on sunny days. For fishing I have amber lenses as they seem to work better in a wider variety of lighting/conditions. Smith Optics seems to have a pretty good reputation and you can find some pretty good deals at SierraTradingPost.com

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~p...es/?perPage=96

Jim Smith

I wear prescription sunglasses. My vision ins. makes me pay $25 for the tinting. I make sure that I buy frames with polarized lenses (bolle, etc) and ask to keep the lenses. that way, when I have to buy new frames I have the polarized lenses put into the old frames, and then I have a new pair of Polarized every two years when I get new frames.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread