I guess the AFTMA line weight standards are just so 20th Century. Don't need 'em anymore, apparently. Rio and Cabela's, among others, have some lines that are listed as being one line weight heavier to perform better with today's faster rods. And S.A. has some that are a half-weight heavier- for the same reason. Really? First, we've known for some time that many rod makers mislabel their rods re.: line weight. Have done that for decades now. They deserve criticism for that, but we've become used to it, right? But a line that's one size heavier is just plain wrong. Say a 5-weight floating line, for example. There is a specific weight range that was established decades ago for this: 134-146 grains. One size heavier? That makes it a 6-weight, NOT a 5-weight. Yet a fly fisher who just walks into a shop, or orders a line on the net, may be getting the wrong line(s) for his rod(s). Remember now- not everyone can go to a nearby fly shop to try out different lines on rods. My point (finally): why can't the rod and line makers give us reasonably accurate labels? Yes, I know that different casters may need different lines on the same rod. But it seems that it has now become a rat's nest of confusion. There. I told you upfront it would be a rant! But I do feel a little better. Chuck