Don't know that this will help any but about 20 years ago I purchased a Montague Rapidan 9ft/3pc/2tip/ 7wt. The rod is in excellent shape..no sets, all eyes still attached, main ferrule has small crack but all ferrules still pop and are tight, cork handle soiled but whole/ and it came with original canvas bag. Reel seat and other hardware components in good shape. The rod was and still is very fishable. I did my own cleanup on it and then took it to a local guy to double check it for anything I may have missed. I paid $125 for it then. I have the rod hanging on the wall at our cabin.
There is a reproduction Montague catalog available that you can check on the original costs and specs for all their rods. There may also be a short narrative regarding their history. I believe the significance of the Montague rods was that, even though their rods were blue collar, they were considered nice rods and their rod builder (can't remember his name) went on to build rods for Orvis after the Montague plant burned down. I can't remember the story very well but it might be fun to do a little research on the Montagues.
Gerri