14 lovely ladies had the time of their lives today fly fishing on the Duck River at Arrowhead Ranch. Plenty of the Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers and the Lynchburg Fly Fishing Club volunteered to act as guides so I was able to play Wingman to LilJoe and he did an outstanding job getting our charge on fish right off the bat.
The gals had be given some instruction in roll casting but soon found out that it quite different when standing in a flowing river but they caught on pretty quick. Barb, Joe's charge, ended up landing 7 nice rainbows. She would get excited and drop the rod tip giving just a bit too much slack or she would had twice that.
WarreP was doing his normal outstanding job of helping his lady get a good introduction to the sport and I think she also had 6 or seven to hand.
Popperfly hit a sweet spot and his gal ended up with 10 and got the prize for the most fish. Another great job.
(It does help that we fish the Duck often!!)
There was a decent mayfly and caddis hatch going on and the trout were taking them sub-surface.
All in all it was the best CFR event yet. I'm sure several of the ladies will be taking up fly fishing in the near future! I know one of them has already scheduled casting lessons and getting properly outfitted.