Went to Bishop, CA for a three day fishing trip. Well, we slept in Bishop. Fished from Lone Pine creek to Lee Vining Creek and all points in between. Snow pack looks a little better this spring but still low water in all lakes and creeks, Owens river is still way muddy from last week's storm.
The fishes were pretty selective about what they were eating and it was hard to get them on. We did catch about 50 fish but the count was about 35 for Mike and 15 for me. I did catch the largest. 15" and a little over a pound. Most were small but feisty. Intake 2 was the most productive in the Bishop Creek area. Lee Vining Creek at Big Bend campground was good for small 'bows and browns and Big Pine creek where it crosses Glacier Lodge road west of town was hot when we arrived about ten minutes behind the DFG stocking truck.
I was told that Crowley Lake was fishing good but we didn't go there. All in all it was a good trip.
If any of you So Cal folks are going that way I'd suggest you stop at the Fort Independence Gas station North of Independence for fuel. Regular is $4.04 there. It's over $4.20 at all stations in Bishop and pushing $5.00 in Lee Vining. Also, if you haven't tried the Texas Style BBQ at Holy Smokes BBQ across from Schatt's I give it an 8 for good food and friendly service. Also, Frosty Chalet in Lone Pine has reopened by the family of the original owners. Give them a try.
The only pictures I took were of mountains and some of water but haven't downloaded any yet.
That's my report. Hope to see some of you on the water later on this summer. Jim