+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Department of Homeland Security recommends discontinuing use of Internet Explorer

You're not a wookie are you?
    No wookie here. Chewydog is in reference to my dog named Chewy, who did resemble a wookie.

Welcome to the present DHS... IE has been a security risk for years

I haven't used IE for years. I switched to Firefox roughly 10 years ago and I switched to Chrome 3-4 years ago. Both Firefox and Chrome are far superior

Microsoft came out with a patch this afternoon. You have to click on "search for updates" to find it.

I use Firefox as my main browser and am very happy with it. It works better for me than IE for most sites. I have not used Chrome. I keep IE on my computer as there are still some sites that run properly only if you use IE. I strongly agree with using Adblock on Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by dave potts View Post
    Microsoft came out with a patch this afternoon. You have to click on "search for updates" to find it.
    The 2 monthly Windows updates plus the IE security updates if you click Windows Update

Microsoft and AVG have been patching like mad for the last few days. Norton has pushed several patches as well. Other anti-virus vendors probably have. When you run updates, keep running (and restarting as necessary) until ALL of the updates have been installed. This may take a while, especially If your computer Is slow to run the restart cycle. Many updates require prerequisite updates to be run and therefore there is a chain effect.

Regards,
    Ed

I download FireFox from Mozzilla.org and my computer slowed down like a 12 MHz PC with a dial up connection. After a few days of uninstalling programs that hitchhiked in with it, I did a system restore and it's moving like it should. I have a 3 a.m. automatic upgrade on all the Microsoft programs on my computer.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread