+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prayers for the storm victims in the Southeast USA

Hybrid View

Default Prayers for the storm victims in the Southeast USA

I would appreciate your prayer for the folks all across the storm area of the southeast. I have family and friends around Tupelo, I know Warren has family a little further south in Winston County area around Louisville, MS. I talked with one my college roommates widow this afternoon, she was hunkered down n her shower waiting it out. I know my niece and her family are fine but having lived there for over 18 years I have friends all over the area.

Tupelo is well known in Mississippi as in the tornado belt, in 1936 over 200 people were killed on April 5, exactly a year later it was hit again.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse,

I did contact my Aunt in Brooksville and she was OK. She went next door to a neighbor who had a safe room. I cannot get my Uncle who lives close to Louisville to answer the phone and will try again tomorrow. He also has cancer and has refused any treatments. We had a tornado come through Lynchburg, TN area and through the area where I live heading to Tullahoma, TN. I think it pretty much blew its self out before doing any real damage. I did have one large oak tree, about 2 1/2 foot diameter, go down across my neighbors fence that I guess I will deal with tomorrow. Not sure how since I had rotator cuff surgery 3 months ago and have not been released by the surgeon yet. I guess I will deal with it after I see if we have anymore damage after tomorrow's storms go through.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Prayers are coming from northern middle TN. We made it through ok but they called school off up here due to high water on the roads. I'm fixing to leave here and head to work. I guess we'll see if I make it or not.
    Just came across news, there's been a reported mass shooting in north GA. I truly hope and pray everyone is ok.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Prayers for all. Warren if you need help with the tree, I have a chain saw and will be glad to help, just let me know.

My prayers are with you and all the others that suffered from this band of spring tornados. We managed to miss most of it last night here in the Atlanta area, but we're expecting more storms later this morning. Take care and be safe.

Jim Smith

Praying for ya'll. No noteworthy damage around here.
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

Some of our eastern part of the state got pasted. Normally hurricanes are our major concern, and even real bad storms that come up the seaboard can be severe. But lately besides keeping an eye seaward, one needs to glance over the shoulder westward to what might be coming that way.

+ Reply to Thread