+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks Rainbowchaser

Hybrid View

Default Thanks Rainbowchaser

Today I received some pheasant and turkey feathers from Rainbowchaser. As a new fly tyler on a tight budget his generosity is greatly appreciated. It is great to see that there are people who on this site who not only help others with their knowledge and insite but will also provide further assistance.

Thanks again Rainbowchaser.

You're welcome to the feathers. If you continue in fly fishing you will find opportunities to help other beginners as I was helped when I started.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by tjulian View Post
    Thanks again Rainbowchaser.
    tjulian,

I've been a participant on this site for over 10 years(had an alter ego earlier on) and over those years have seen a lot of needs met by some very generous people. Now, I admit to not reading every post over the years, but I feel safe saying that your response was among the minority where a public "thank you" was expressed. It was good to read.
    Let me say this too: I'm old enough, and silly with this tying fanaticism, to have accumulated quite a 'large' (and that word doesn't even come close) stash of tying materials over the years. However, my memory is good enough that I still recall when I was a 'newbee', could fit all my tying materials in a shoe box, and constantly needed something. My point is, let me know through a PM or email if you need some material. I may be able to help out.

Not all that many years ago, when I still lived in West Central Michigan I had the pleasure of spending some time fishing and Grouse hunting with Jim.
    I'll never forget the afternoon we hit the Pine River at a real tight bend and we beat it to a froth until well after dark! I made my way back to the car ok but there was no sign of Jim!! He had made it about 1/2 way around the bend and got stopped by one of those "Float Your Hat" holes. It was dark by then and I could hear him brush beating his way in my direction. I turned on the head lights so he could find his way to the car and we had a good laugh about it all and headed for home.
    I have a couple of more stories about fishing with Jim but will save them for another time. I will say that he is one of the few that I would always look forward to fishing or wing shooting with.

I don't think Jack was accustomed to staying on the stream as late as I used to do. It was not uncommon for me to reach the car at midnight when the sun had been down since ten. This has led to some interesting and wader fouling experiences like the first time I got to within a few inches of a beaver before either of us was aware of the other. It sounded like a rifle shot right under my armpit. Spooking a big flock of wild turkeys from right over my head on a cloudy moonless night was another memorable moment. In recent years I have carried a wading staff which allows for a little faster travel in the dark without going swimming but I still like to stay until I can't hear fish rising any more.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

I would also like to testify about the heart of people on AFOL and fly fishing persons in general. I am still a newbee to fly fishing and tying, and what one thing that has stood out in my mind is the true generosity and truly helpfulness from the hearts of the men and woman that fly fish or fly tie. If you are in need and they can help they are their for you. This is a wonderful web site for new or old comers to fly fishing or tying. When I go to the Healing Waters meeting and can help a new warrior in a task that I have learned from people at healing waters or FAOL or a new friend that takes you fishing with them, it warms your heart to be able to do the same for them that some one has done for you. I am very grateful to all that has helped this newbee along his way to learning to fly fish and fly tie. May God bless you all.

WayneC

+ Reply to Thread