+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is Ron Kusse?

Hybrid View

Default Where is Ron Kusse?

This question was asked of me a few weeks ago. I had heard some rumors but I was positive I could find out.
    So I phoned an old FAOL member/friend and left a message. This am I had a call back and now have the answer.
    Not only the answer but a phone number. So rather than wait I put in my call. Result was a very pleasant talk with
    Ron. He and I are about the same age so had a very nice conversation. Both of us have had some medical issues
    but are looking foreward to geting in some fishin this season. Ron sounded good. I understand he is not making rods
    at this time but perhaps in the future?
    Personally, I just completed my Don Anderson, 7' 9" 2 pc, 5 wt. Hex, Bamboo. Yesterday found Char & I out in the shop. We preped the strips, now ready for the power beveler, today we will run them. This one is exactly the same taper, but in a Quad. These will not be for sale but for my own fishin. I think it will be fun to have two rods, the same taper, but one each of Hex & Quad. I plan on taking both of them out on the water in my Toon and doing a true
    comparison. Today my high Mtn lake season opens but we have ucky weather. Looks like it should be a good day this next Tuesday. Char & I will try to get out then.

Denny

is he still in the Washingtonville area of NY? I thought he considered moving at one time. thanks

Hey,
    GREAT to hear Ron's doing OK. Ain't seed him since the DRC ( Delaware River Club) Fish-In of 2002 I recall he then presented Slic ( of FAOL renown) his very own Kusse grass creation. Hopefully Ron will be able to continue his art in the near future. AND, he's also a GREAT photographer.

Mark

Denny, I am glad to hear your friend is doing okay. I am also very interested in the quad/hex comparison of hoped for identical tapers. I am a fan of quads but don't have any to compare to a hex. Like many, I have too many of each to even get them fishing often but enjoy each configuration but will watch anxiously for that comparo of yours.

+ Reply to Thread