+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warren went fishing!!!!!

Warren,

Can't you attach an electric motor to your NuCanoe? Maybe that's a workaround until until your all healed up.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Yes, I could use a trolling motor, but, I would then have to register it with the State of TN for a fee each year plus put numbers on the side of it. I would also have to lug around the 12V battery. Over the past few years, I have wade fished more than using the NuCanoe. As I get older and the old body gets weaker, I will have a trolling motor on it, but, until then, I really do enjoy using a double-bladed paddle and just explore. I usually paddle upstream about 4 miles and eat a light shore lunch and then float fish my way back to the vehicle.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Just curious Warren, how much longer before you can get back in the boat and paddle upstream. I know it's just one of your fishing tools, but seems to have been a very useful tool.
    Uncle Jesse, Warren is back to full speed. He asked if, since he can't paddle his NuCanoe, I would wade around Bedford Lake pushing him to his favorite spots. Yeah, he's back in good form again.

Ed

That did not sound so unreasonable to me!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_D View Post
    Uncle Jesse, Warren is back to full speed. He asked if, since he can't paddle his NuCanoe, I would wade around Bedford Lake pushing him to his favorite spots. Yeah, he's back in good form again. Ed
    Ed, I know Warren has a 12 ft. Nucanoe, you can sit in the back and guide him around. Back shortly after the dinosaurs disappeared because of global cooling, I was introduce to fly fishing by a cousin[in-law who had me scull him around the lake as he bream fly fished for bream. Kind of a young human trolling motor.

I'm betting there are a slew of boys close by ho would happily paddle Mr. Patterson around and sneak in a few cast themselves.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Ed, I know Warren has a 12 ft. Nucanoe, you can sit in the back and guide him around. <snip>
    Uncle Jesse, if I were to sit in the back of the boat, Warren wouldn't be able to see over the bow because of the weight mismatch. Soon there would be rumors that Nessie had immigrated to Bedford Lake. If we added Newbie's banjo music, we'd cause panic for sure. Of course, (he said, sagely rubbing his chin) we might try something like that about the time the 'gills start to bed. No, too many locals are too well armed... We all remember the incident when somebody tried to operate a remote control model of the USS Monitor. Nobody realized it ran on 3, 11 oz. butane cylinders, highly pressurized butane cylinders. I heard all three of those cylinders exploded when it was hit. <Moment of silence for the USS Mushroom Cloud>

Warren, my former co-worker is interested in flipping flies with us, too.

Regards,
    Ed

Ed, You know if Nessie was in east TN, he would have been caught skinned and deep fried by now. And, you don't really have to be too concerned about banjo music until you get down across the Georgia state line from what I have heard.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse, I think the most popular bumper sticker for the Nashville kayak crowd is: "Paddle Faster, I Hear Banjo Music". Since most of them seem to work in the music business, I figure they know what they're talking about.

Regards
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread