+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As we age

"Getting Old" = Your mind never ages, but, your body does, so, you spend your time with your mind telling your body to do things it can no longer do!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren that is very close to part of a sermon I heard the year I turned 40. The preacher said he had experienced a mid-life crisis on the basketball court, his mind was saying go, go, go, his body was saying NO, NO, NO! I guess it was a pretty good sermon, I still remember a good bit of it 28 years later. He said he thought Moses had 3 midlife crisis, when he was 40 he killed the Egyptian and had to flee for his life, when he was 80 he lead the exodus and then he got upset with the Israelites and struck the rock, when God told him to speak to it.

My friend who was a member of the church where I was visiting introduced me to the preacher after the service was over. I told him how I appreciated the sermon, I was having trouble with a supervisor at work, but I was going to follow Moses' example and kill my supervisor. My friend rolled with laughter, the preacher start, No, that's not what I meant.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

A deceased uncle of mine told me, once you pass the age of 60, never ever trust a f**t!!!!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Sorry to hear of your eye problems. My brother-in-law (62) just had both of his eyes worked on this year. He was almost blind but he said he can see very well now even with his eyes still healing.

The Golden Years - it take lots of gold to get through them.......

Hi Jack, Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you get to feeling better soon and get back on the water.
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread