+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For something unknown to us ....

Default For something unknown to us ....

just a few years ago, I have certainly become dependent on the internet! Didn't realize how much so till AT&T Kansas City had problems and basically shut down everything within 30 miles of the trouble point (depending on how the wind blew!), and didn't say anything to its customers. Spent a combined 3 hours with tech people, reconfiguring the computer, all to no avail, only to have a third tech tell me about the service problem. One of the on line techs actually used a radio controlled service to reconfigure my computer/modem from San Diego! Changed everything, then said there was no fix for it, and to take it to a service center. Third one apparently was the charm. Left everything alone till this morning, and lo and behold, it's working! Kansas City is back up and running! Except for me .... no one bothered to say they dumped ALL my sites and passwords! Trying to remember everything, and who and where. A younger brain may have had better results. (FAOL was remembered, partly due to the "goofy" password JC gave me.)
    Sooooo ... slowly but surely, this will all be rebuilt! Lesson learned. As I remember, or if I remember, the passwords, and user names, I am writing them down! "Next time" I will be prepared.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Hey Betty,
    Hopefully all your info will come to you in a dream. Have pencil and pad handy.
    There should however be some universally accepted uniform format for passwords etc. so that , like in my case, I wouldn't need to remember no less than 20 user name/password combinations.
    In any case, GOOD LUCK in getting it all together again.

Mark

Carbonite.....

and there is a site which you load all your passwords into, and then all you have to remember is the password to it. Trouble is, I can't remember the name of the site.

At the very least, use an external drive and copy pics, vids, and docs on a regular basis. You can export your bookmarks to a doc and do sceenshots of all your browser saved passwords. As I register for this and that, I keep a word doc with site, username, and password just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    At the very least, use an external drive and copy pics, vids, and docs on a regular basis. You can export your bookmarks to a doc and do sceenshots of all your browser saved passwords. As I register for this and that, I keep a word doc with site, username, and password just in case.
    Plus one, ditto, etc... (10 character requirement met.)

Ed

+ Reply to Thread