Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
True story: About 25 years ago I was invited to a fly tying session where a regionally renown fly tyer was to give a demonstration. During his demo, he happened to do an excellent job, he got on the topic of number of fish caught. He mentioned that he often had 100 fish days. Well, skeptical as I am, I asked where and how many hours a day did he fish. Somewhere along the line he said that he counted a fish caught if the fish came up for his fly. He broke off his fly hooks at the bend and assumed that every fish that hit his fly would have been netted. He did not consider the possibility of missing on the strike, the fish breaking off(for whatever reason), or losing the fish because of (___?___).
I'll not say what I told him because I'm not looking to be banned again from this site. Let's just say that my response was 2 words starting with 'b' and ending with 't', LOL.

Allan
"Broken tippet"? O.K., I'm wrong. But good for you to respond as you did. TAG fishing is like asking out some lovely young ladies to the high school dance. Ask five, all of who smiled but said they couldn't go, and you scored five beautiful gals for the dance! Not.

Chuck