While talking about fly fishing at work one of my co-workers took a real interest in the subject. He had seen a demonstration by a flyfisher at Bass Proshops grand opening in Harrisburg and thought it looked like fun. This fellow loves to hunt and fish but has never fly fished. He loves the great outdoors. He asked me if I would help him get started fly fishing and of course I said yes. We took a trip to Cabela's today as they had some really good deals going through the 20th of this month. He got a great deal on a Redington 6/7 weight 9' rod and Redington midarbor reel. He also got his backing, leaders, leader straightener, tippet and knot tying tool. I tossed in a Scientific Angler's WF6F line of mine for him. We then went out to Little Buffalo State Park to do some casting. I showed him how to set up his line, showed him how to hold the rod, the proper casting motion and gave him a demonstration cast. Turns out he is a natural. He was casting over 50' in no time and with ease! Wish you all could have seen the look on his face because he is so excited about fly fishing! I am going to help him get the rest of his gear, floatant, line dressing and such, and give him some of my flies. I now have a new fishing buddy and we are planning some outings together. I told my friend to read the articles on this site and use the BB. I must say that the fellow at the Cabela's fly shop was very great to deal with. It was a great day!

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"