+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just say'n hey.

Hybrid View

Default Just say'n hey.

Just wanted to offer up salutations & a wave of the hand to the local tribe, have been want'n to learn to use a fly rod for years & just recently bought a used set up to cut my teeth on & have been just consumed with anything to do with fly fish'n, hope'n to polish some skills (skills might not be the best way to put it) on Blue Gills since they never turn down a fight & are just plain ol fun to catch, if I can master them thers bigger fish to fry out there.

Had a chance to be tutored by the notorious Jack Hise a few weeks ago, orn'ry cuss he is, he kept call'n me "grass hoppa" and insisted I call him "master Hise", told me to "use the force" & to let it flow thru me, every time I made a mistake he gave me a swift swat with a old 8wt bamboo rod, by the end of the day the seat of my overalls were thread bare & the rod was reduced to the size of a broom straw, but I started catch'n on by the end of the day.

Just say'n hey, ya'll.

He's stretching the truth just a bit folks! At no time did I use my 8 wt. boo as an instructual tool, it was an old graphite spinning rod!!
    Got to keep them young wiper snappers in line ya know!!
    Welcome to the board John, you'll meet a lot of great folks here and learn a lot about fly fishing as well. (most of them are not a cute as me but they are nice!.)
    The guys from Tennessee are the best!

Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy yourself; pretty decent group of folks here.

Regards,
    Scott

Welcome to FAOL BR. Sounds like you gonna need a leather seat patch sewn to yer overalls. I hear them good ol' boys from Tenn are kinda nice in an ornery sort of way. Anyway, new guy brings the donuts and splits the camp wood. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Glad to have you on the board! There's a lot of great guys on here with a wealth of knowledge. If you have a question, these guys will definitely have the answer.

Joe
    The measurements of fly fishing: 1 part man, 1 part fish, and all God.

Welcome! As I assume you already know, you have entered upon a slippery slope with no turning back. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

+ Reply to Thread