+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duck River

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Duck River

Had a great day out on the river. Warren, Wayne, Jack and I all met at the Duck, messed around with a couple new fly rods, and can I say WOW on the 5wt. rod from River Traditions, I'm definitely getting one now that I've tried it. Later on Warren, Wayne, and myself decided to go down the river a little ways to some spots Warren knows about. We had an absolute blast (Warren still can't quite fish with his shoulder yet) catching Rainbows, Bluegill, and bass. Wayne's fish count was 6, he caught 2 more rainbows but they got off the hook right before he could get his hand on them, soo I guess you can say he caught 8 Mine was 14 (7 rainbows, 6 bluegills, and a bass) all thanks to Warren, without his help I know I wouldn't have caught the fish that I did. Can't wait to go again. Thanks guys for a fantastic day.
    The measurements of fly fishing: 1 part man, 1 part fish, and all God.

Liljoe & Wayne,

You will never know how much I wanted to fish with you, but, I have 3 weeks of therapy left and then I will, hopefully, be allowed to fish the fly rod again! I really enjoyed walking the bank and watching the two of you enjoy yourself. I am glad the fishing spots still hold fish and really glad that the fish cooperated. It was fun and I look forward to doing it again. I am sure you will enjoy the rod David at rivertradions has and for $70 shipped to your door, you cannot go wrong and his reels are just as great. I look forward to watching you using them soon.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Yes, it was a great day on the river. I can't believe I let a "young whippier snapper" out fish me...LOL. Cold because of the north wind but a great day of fishing and being with friends. Jack...Thanks for the reel backing.

WayneC

+ Reply to Thread