+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Fly Rod Deal!!!

Default Great Fly Rod Deal!!!

I was jumping around the web and I hadn't gone to river traditions web sight in a long time, so I went there. He has a sale on two great rods at a fantastic price. WarrenP has the five weight rod from there. He told me it was a great rod and it's on sale for $70. I got it and it's a beautiful rod. Will be taking it over to Warrent's house Sunday to check it out more. If your looking for a 5WT or a 9Wt rod, go to River Traditions at http://rivertraditions.com/ and check them out.

WayneC

You mean you're not going to join us on the Duck River and give that rod a proper christening??

That is a good looking rod for only $70 inc. shipping.

Wayne,

You are going to love that rod. It casts great and roll casts like a dream.

Jack,

This is the same rod that David brought over for you, Brad and I to yard cast when we were at Gates Lodge at the last fish-in. David had these rods made up and was hoping to compete with the larger rod manufacturing companies, but, he has decided that he is just a "minnow" in a large tank of sharks and he is selling off his inventory.

If anyone is looking for a smooth fast action rod at a great price, this is it. The only connection I have with David and rivertraditions is that he is a very nice person, great to deal with, prices on all his products are very reasonable. I have three of his fly reels and have been using them for over 2 years with no problems. His web site is worth your time.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Jack

If the weather is in the 50's, no rain or north wind I will see you at the Duck and I will bring the new rod. If the weather is bad I will be going over to warren's house to stay out of the weather.

WayneC
    Last edited by newbee; 03-23-2014 at 01:59 AM.

I just received my 9wt rod and reel to match from David; ordered on Sunday, shipped on Monday (personalized and all), arrived today - what great service! It's a beautifully appointed rod; there is no way one ought to be able to get an outfit like this for $155! It may be a while before I get it on the water, and truth be told I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of a 9wt outfit, but I didn't have a "big" rod, and for the price I couldn't pass it up. If anyone is thinking of ordering one of these (or the 5wt too I'm sure) I don't see how you could go wrong.
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Wayne,

You are going to love that rod. It casts great and roll casts like a dream.

Jack,

This is the same rod that David brought over for you, Brad and I to yard cast when we were at Gates Lodge at the last fish-in. David had these rods made up and was hoping to compete with the larger rod manufacturing companies, but, he has decided that he is just a "minnow" in a large tank of sharks and he is selling off his inventory.

If anyone is looking for a smooth fast action rod at a great price, this is it. The only connection I have with David and rivertraditions is that he is a very nice person, great to deal with, prices on all his products are very reasonable. I have three of his fly reels and have been using them for over 2 years with no problems. His web site is worth your time.
    Hey Warren. Have you ever used one of his reels? They sure are cheap, and he personalizes them to boot!

lastchance,

I have three of his reels from a 3/4 to the 5/6. The only thing "cheap" about them is the price, in my opinion. They are as smooth as butter and have not given me any problems and I have been using them for about 3 years now. On one of the 5/6 reels I had him etch the "Adams" fly on it and it sure is good looking. I am not much for having my name on items but I love the "Adams" etched on the reel. When you consider that his prices include shipping, you cannot go wrong. I have met David and he is 100% committed to customer service and you cannot ask for a nicer guy to be around. He has a big heart and truely believes in "giving back" to the fly fishing world.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Does anyone know what blank the rods are built on? Especially the 5 weight.

dave,

I have a real good friend of mine ( Don ) here that is a Sage dealer and a fly rod builder and he uses whatever blanks his customers request. He is a Certified Casting Instructor and when I got the 5wt from David at rivertraditions, I took it to Don and asked him to evaluate it. He took it outside in his lawn and stripped a lot of line off the reel and made about 4 false casts and let it go and he cast the entire fly line. He really gave the rod a good work out and looked it over good. He said it was a good casting blank and one of the best roll casting rods he has ever cast. Like you, he said he would love to know what blank that rod is built on because it has a brownish color to it and he has never seen that blank in all the years he has been casting and building rods. I don't know if David knows what blank was used or not. All I know is that it is a good casting rod and is a fast action rod. If I hear what blank was used, I will post it here.
    Warren

+ Reply to Thread