Jim,

I use to belong to a group in Mississippi that leased land and a 50 acre lake from the State and they managed and stocked it with nice coppernose bluegill, largemouth bass, crappie and catfish. At one time, I owned a small trailer on the lake and would make 3 or 4 trips per year there and spend a week just fishing. After a few years the cost of owning the trailer and work requiring more of my time, I had to let the trailer go and I have not been there for many years. I had 2 Uncles who lived there and spent my time visiting and fishing with them, but, they have both passed now and what relatives I have there now are cousins and others that I have never met. I know how much fun having a small body of water like you have is. I do have a small TVA lake here that has some good bluegill fishing that I enjoy and I fish it from my NuCanoe. Most of the bluegill in it run 9 to 10 inches and are sure a lot of fun on a fly rod. By the way, I noticed that you are about 20 miles East of Atlanta and I just may try and make a surprise visit one of these days. Take care and be careful, my friend.