+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to this!

Default New to this!

Howdy,
    Been fishing all my life, but never picked up a fly rod! Have 3 lakes and 2 rivers 30 mins. from my house. Been fishing out of a kayak for about the last 6 years,can't wait to learn!
    Ernie

Ernie,

A warm welcome from Tennessee to FAOL! Take a chair and browse this great site and if any questions come up, don't be afraid to ask. By the way, new members must split the firewood for the evening fire and it won't hurt to make the coffee! : )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Another warm welcome from Tennessee. Hope to see a lot of you and maybe even help you along the way. Bring donuts too!!

Ernie

You got to watch those boys from Tennessee. On the other hand, us guys from Ohio will give you nothing but the best, unbiased advise and instruction. By the way, a big welcome to the best fly fishing site on the web.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Hi Ernie. Have you discovered the front page of FAOL yet? Click on home at the top of this page and look on the left for flyfishing 101. Everything you need to know to get started.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Welcome aboard Ernie. Los of great info on the main page. Don't be shy to ask questions here on the forum.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Big, warm welcome from Michigan!!! Ditto on all that has been said about FAOL!!!

P.S. Don't believe everything anyone from Ohio says either.
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

Welcome aboard from Georgia. As Warren said, you won't find a better bunch of folks to share your new passion with. Lots of knowledge and experience and always willing to share.

Take care and tight lines.

Jim Smith

A hardy welcome from South Dakota, land of no trout. (Just ask Betty.)

And we need to get this straightened out...Does the new guy bring DONUTS or BEER????

Ernie, Again welcome from Georgia. As you can probably tell there are some pretty nice folks around here, with just enough mischief to keep it interesting. There are enough of us who started off knowing very little we have already made all the mistakes you can and will, so don't be shy about asking basic questions. There are a lot of answers in he archives if you dig around a little bit.

Royce, When they are from Texas I thought they brought a good smoked brisket or biscuits with gravy.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread