+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re: Uncle Jesse's Post - Moved to Avoid Thread Piracy - Local Brewaries

Hybrid View

Default Re: Uncle Jesse's Post - Moved to Avoid Thread Piracy - Local Brewaries

Uncle Jesse posted
    "I probably shouldn't do this, as it likely not available in your area. I'm not much of a drinker but this is a fine adult beverage. The brewery is small owned by a couple who were good friends of my son while they were in college. Leslie, the brains behind the operation, has he MS degree in Chemical Engineering, her husband is a Electrical Engineer. BTW, the brewery is in Brett Favre's hometown.

http://lazymagnolia.com/ourbeer.php "

Uncle Jesse, you are required to bring to me two bottles of Southern Pecan and two of Jefferson Stout if you ever make it up here.
    I drink very little and when I do, I like to make it something worthwhile. Those two ales look very good. I wonder what Inspector Morse would have said about them...

Regards,
    Ed

P.S. To officially render our posters immune to the charge of thread piracy, I open this thread to any who wish to tout a local beverage or three. I heartily invite our posters from the UK, the land Scotch of fine ales, to add their thoughts.

Ed, the next time you are in Michigan you need to checkout some of the fine local microbrews. Start with Bell's Two Hearted Ale if you like IPA's. I may have offered you one those. I can't remember who drank the ones I had one year. Another nationally ranked favorite is Founders Breakfast Stout, an oatmeal stout barleywine.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Rainbowchaser, I am not a big fan of IPAs. I prefer dark beers. Guinness is my idea of light beer. I prefer a beer you can stick a fork upright in. Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is my favorite.

Ed

Then definitely try to find the Founders breakfast stout. You'll like that one. If you don't care for the alcohol content of barleywines then try The Poet from New Holland Brewing Co. It's a nice oatmeal stout that seems to be readily available, in this area anyway.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Edward, Ole friend, you do not have to wait for my return, this wonderful liquid is available in your neighborhood. Go to: http://lazymagnolia.com/#brand-finder/ to find the closest store to you.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread