Quote Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
How close are the rivers to Boise? A half-hour away? An hour away? I ask because soon I might be interested in relocating.
Thanks,
Randy
The main Boise runs right through downtown and is fishable all year round. DFG dumps a large number of steelhead into it every November for put and take and it has a number of brown trout lurking in it as well as rainbows and white fish. I fish it when I just want a quick outing and I carry my rod while biking along the greenbelt pathway that follows the river through town. It is very assessable all the way from Sandy Point down to Eagle. There are other rivers close by as well. The Middle Fork is 37 miles away and good for dry flies in July-September, the South Fork is 70 miles away and is a good floating river in the summer and wading From late September to end of March. O is 1 hour away , Payette is 1+ hours north, yada, yada. Lots of rivers nearby and it also has good skiing 18 miles away, rafting through town, it's a recreationalists dream--but then I'm biased as I grew up here.

Oh yeah, guess I'm supposed to say there are no fish here, nothing to see, just move on, eh?