+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie

Hybrid View

Default newbie

Not really sure were to post up an intro so ill start here lol. My name is jeremy im 25 and from st.louis missouri. I have been an avid outdoorsmen my whole life. Iv recently got into trout fishing and am hitting it hard and strong I love trout fishing. I finally dropped some money and bought a nice 4wt tfo pro modle rod and reel. Im pumped to get out this weekend and use it. Hope ro learn alot from you more experienced fly fishermen. Thanks for having me on bored here.

Jeremy:

Welcome to FAOL!

I have been with FAOL since October of 1997. Last 14 years I have been the Swapmeister of a "Beginner's Fly Swaps" on FAOL Fly Tying Board.

On October 1st I will be posting the 2015 Beginner's Swap, on the Fly Swap Board. I will not let any members in to these five monthly swap after October 31st, which is my cut-off date for these five swaps will a limit of 10 members!

I supply each member of these swaps with the five preaddressed 6" x 9" mailing envelopes to for mailing in the fly pattern of the month and the other five for the return fly patterns , I supply the Whitman Sampler Box (for secure the flies for these swaps with your name and mailing address attach to the top of the box. I supply a "FAOL Fly Pattern CD" I also supply a "FAOL Tying Tips CD". Each month each member of these five swap will dress 12 flies (they should be indentical). I also will include a business card with my home address, phone number & my email address; I am always available to help if you have a question or problems!

I already have two newbies, interested in the 2015 Beginner's Fly Swaps!

November Swap: Soft Hackle
    December Break:
    January Swap: Nymph Patttern
    February Swap: Dry Fly
    March Swap: Streamer Pattern
    April Swap: Terrestrial Pattern

At the end of these five swaps you will not be a "newbie"!

~Swapmeister Parnelli~

PS: If you are interested, I am willing to send you the two CD's now, and you can start practicing using the instruction for "Al Campbells Beginning Fly Tying Series".

Steven H. McGarthwaite
    3505 Bellaire Avenue
    White Bear Lake, MN 55110
    Phone: (651) 777-4650
    Email: parnelli@comcast.net
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 03-13-2014 at 05:03 AM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Welcome aboard Jeremy. Glad to have you with us.

Be aware that the new guy brings the donuts. (Her Royal Highness, Betty is usually in charge of making sure new memebers are aware of this but she has more important things on her mind right now so I thought I would take care of this for her.)

Royce

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Welcome aboard Jeremy. Glad to have you with us.

Be aware that the new guy brings the donuts. (Her Royal Highness, Betty is usually in charge of making sure new memebers are aware of this but she has more important things on her mind right now so I thought I would take care of this for her.)

Royce
    Wow, one time it's swamp witch, Now it's her Royal Highness. Sure know how to play the game. Welcome. Wish we had some ponds around here that could hold a trout in the winter long enough to make them worth stocking. They can be fun. Have you and any of your buddies tried throwing "blob" flies for the pond stockers. Supposed to be a killer for them in that situation worked fast and steady with only short pauses. Hope to try it this summer in a few ponds around where we rent a cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by vicrider View Post
    Wow, one time it's swamp witch, Now it's her Royal Highness. Sure know how to play the game. Welcome. Wish we had some ponds around here that could hold a trout in the winter long enough to make them worth stocking. They can be fun. Have you and any of your buddies tried throwing "blob" flies for the pond stockers. Supposed to be a killer for them in that situation worked fast and steady with only short pauses. Hope to try it this summer in a few ponds around where we rent a cabin.
    Betty answers to either title but I figure it is BAD MOJO to use both and call her, Her Royal Highness, Swamp Witch at the same time.

• Welcome aboard Motrouthunter. You will find just about everything you will need here on FAOL.

WayneC

Welcome aboard Motrouthunter. You'll find this a friendly and helpful place =. Ask any question, tell a story, explore the website ! Remember new guy tends the fire and brings the beer....................... Paddy
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

Welcome aboard Jeremy, There are a lots of good folks here most are more than willing to help when they can. I have learned someone has already tried about every idea I have had about fishing and/or fly tying, so don't worry about asking dumb questions.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Thanks everyone. Went out this morning and tore up some trout at a nearby park that stocks them in the winter months. Myself and 2 freinds each caught our limits (4) befor 10 o'clock nothing huge or to brag abkut but enough to put some in the freezer

Welcome Jeremy,you'll find this is a good place to learn, share, and have a great time. There are good tutorials and articles. The Fish-Ins that occur in some parts of the country are a good chance to meet some of the members of the board.

Enjoy,
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread