+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Maybe I shouldn't ask, but - brookie recipes?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    1,705

    Default Maybe I shouldn't ask, but - brookie recipes?

    Just in case I see some over-populated beaver dams this year?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Harrisburg, SD USA
    Posts
    414

    Default

    About 4-6 hours in the smoker with some chunks of apple wood.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Don't have a smoker, but thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Shallotte, NC - USA
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Just gut 'em, rinse good, LEAVE THE HEADS ON; and in a skillet (medium heat) with a 50/50 mixture of olive oil and butter, salt & pepper the fish to taste, and have at it. Let 'em cook (depending on size) 2-3 minutes on each side. Personally, I think about a 10 incher makes a perfect eating size for flavor.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Rock Springs, Wyo., USA
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Traci says If you want to get FANCY dreg them in some cracker crumbs. They are always best fresh out of the stream and into the frying pan.
    Wyo-Blizzard

  6. #6

    Default

    Frying magic

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    1,669
    Blog Entries
    27

    Default

    Since she is talking about Brook trout over populating beaver dams, I don't think C&R would take care of the problem, but a frying pan with lots of butter and a cold beer would help solve the problem. Yummmmmmmy Larry ---sagefisher---
    Last edited by sagefisher; 03-11-2014 at 04:43 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Make a paste with Italian seasoning and olive oil. Salt and pepper the cavity, squeeze some lemon juice into it, then coat the inside with the paste. Grease foil with butter, put thinly sliced onion down and sprinkle with pepper. Lay fish on top, put onion and pepper on top side. Loosely wrap the foil around the fish, but seal it tight. Bake for @ 20 minutes at 400*. You can peel the top meat from the bones with a fork, then pull the bones out of the rest. You can do this on a grill or oven.

    Mix in some lemon zest with the Italian seasoning and sprinkle a bit on both sides of the fish. Almost forgot about that part.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 03-12-2014 at 12:29 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Thanks for the ideas.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White Bear Lake MN
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    You want recipes for cooking fish, from your time on the water?

    May I suggest the FAOL "What's Cooking" board, found on the Home Page....

    Not only do we cook the fish we caught, we have recipes for fish and other side dishes!

    I have all the "What's Cooking" Articles on my computer.

    Parnelli

    PS: I have over 80 percent of all FAOL articles on my compute in pdf! I am still working on the other 20 percent, saving them as pdf format...

    ~Parnelli~
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts